Ernest Barnes Ltd has a high level of expertise in this field. We have conserved and repaired brickwork for national and international organisations, including the National Trust and the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. We follow the same process for every project we undertake. We survey, interpret the fabric, develop an understanding of the original construction method, and then apply an appropriate conservation philosophy for repair. We have the skills, knowledge and experience to undertake the following:
- Brickwork repairs to a wide range of historic buildings and walls;
- Use of traditional techniques and lime mortars;
- Repointing in a range of historic joint profiles;
- Brick stitching to replace deteriorated bricks;
- Structural repairs incorporating modern technologies, such as crack stitching and anchors;
- Repair and rebuilding of historic arches;
- Repair and rebuilding of historic chimneys;
- Stabilisation of leaning structures;
- Analysis of historic mortars;
- The submission and management of listed building applications;
- Writing of specifications and method statements.
The photo gallery shows examples of recent projects.