Ernest Barnes Ltd has a high level of expertise in this field. We have conserved flintwork for national organisations, churches and private individuals. Our portfolio of conserved flintwork ranges from historic priory walls through to isolated patch repairs. We have an extensive knowledge of various flintwork styles and types that enables us to undertake the following:
- Flint repairs to historic buildings and walls in the following styles:
- Use of traditional techniques and materials;
- Repointing using historic joint profiles;
- Structural repairs incorporating appropriate technologies such as crack stitching, anchors and grouting;
- Stabilisation and realignment of flint structures;
- Analysis of historic mortars;
- The submission and management of listed building applications;
- Writing of specifications and method statements.
The photo gallery shows examples of recent projects.